Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Bikesummer, LA

This week Bikescape travels to rainy southern California to meet the organizers of LA Bikesummer, a yearly month long series of rides, workshops, actions and fun all aimed at raising bicycle awareness, fostering the bike community and changing the world.

I caught up with Lars Lettonen (hope I spelled your name right!) at the benefit for Bikesummer at the Basswerks Gallery on W. Adams St. The entertainment was provided by rock royalty Kristen Hirsh of 50 Foot Wave, formerly of the Throwing Muses. The evening began with an electrifying set by Ruin the Ending from Providence, Rhode Island.

The weather was EXTREMELY wet but most people showed up by bike.

I was in town to attend the seventy fifth birthday of my father-in-law (Happy birthday, Mark!) so I had to leave early and didn't get to meet everyone I wanted to meet, so if you're with BSLA, and you want to add your voice please post some comments below, send me an email or, better yet, an mp3 for me to put on the next show.

listen to the podcast

Some links

Bikesummer
Basswerks Gallery
Kristen's web site

Send me an email and let me know what you think!

No comments: